I don’t know about you, but I am to that point in the year where I could really use SLA. It’s a beautiful time of worship and fellowship, of unplugging and pressing the reset button, of leaning into the presence of Christ and trusting that He is with us.
I hope you’re looking forward to our time together, too. I LOVE talking about SLA. So, if you have any questions, just let me know!
I CANNOT wait to spend time together with you!
- Forms: If you have not completed your Annual Release form, please download it here and get it to me next Sunday or bring it with you the Friday of SLA.
- Bringing a Friend: If you are bringing a friend to SLA, please send me an email with his or her name. I want to make sure all sleeping arrangements are correct. And please forward any information on to them!
- Arriving Late/Leaving Early: If you are arriving late or leaving early, please send me an email with the details in advance.
- Weather: Take a look at the forecast before you pack to make sure you have all the right clothes! It is already getting chilly, so we want to be sure to dress appropriately so we can be comfortable.
- Medications: If you have medications this weekend, please bring a note with any information we might need. You have the option of keeping your medication with you or storing it with our first aid kit.
- Snack to Share: On the packing list, it states to bring a snack to share. Please bring a snack that will feed about 8-10 people.
Drop Off/Pick Up Schedule
- 5:00 – Arrive at Church Street in the Youth Area
- 5:30 – Dinner at Church Street in the Gym (Chick-fil-a)
- 6:00 – Brief meeting before departure
- 6:15 – Depart for Doe River Gorge
- 9:00 – Session I
- 12:00 – Lunch at Doe River Gorge
- 12:30 – Finish Clean Up
- 1:30 – Depart for Church Street
- 3:30 – Arrive at Church Street in the Youth Lot
Below, you’ll find our Packing List for the retreat. Please take a look at it so you know what to expect. Each year, we have a “Flannel Funday” and all wear a flannel on the Saturday of SLA. If you don’t have a flannel – no worries, we have extras to share! Let us know and we will set one aside for you.
We want SLA to be a special and meaningful experience for everyone who is a part of it. Our Youth Band will lead us in worship, we will have sessions with a message, and we will spend time in small group discussion. If parents or students have any questions about the weekend, please contact me. I am happy to discuss them with you and want this to be a fond memory for everyone involved.