Church Street is currently closed in accordance with CDC regulations regarding COVID-19. Please stay tuned for more information.
We’re getting creative with how we do NightLife together during this strange time. We had our first Digital NightLife on Sunday night, and it was SO FUN. We had over 40 people join us to spend time in fellowship and in small groups. Marcy shared with us about using the Bible and about Quiet Time and there will be blog posts coming in the next couple of days with links to the resources she shared about.
We want to provide opportunities for our people to get together over Zoom and spend time with one another. Below, you’ll see the links and times of this week’s Zoom options!
- College 101 (Juniors & Seniors) – Zoom Call, March 25 @ 1:00 PM
- Youth Chat – Zoom Call, March 26 @ 10:00 AM
- Digital NightLife – Zoom Call, March 29 @ 5:45 PM
We are working to fulfill some needs in our church and community during this time. Below, are 3 specific ways you can support local organizations
- Letter Writing – We want to offer some love and support to members of our congregation who are isolated at this time. A list of names and addresses are being compiled. If you would like to be a part of this, please contact Jenny!
- Wesley House – Wesley House is in great need of food and monetary donations at this time. Each week, they are supporting 20 seniors and 25 families, and that number will most likely increase in the weeks to come. If you want to donate food or cleaning items you can take them directly to Wesley House (1719 Reynolds Street, Knoxville, TN 37921) from 9:00-5:00, Monday-Friday. You can also mail donations to the above address
- Petro’s Chili Partnership – Jenny has a good friend who works on the corporate side of Petro’s, and they are offering a great mission opportunity right now. Their donation program is a “Get a can, give a can” model and supports local people struggling with hunger. They have a canned version of their chili that can serve 10-14 people! At any local Petro’s you can purchase a giant can of chili for your family for $24 and get one to donate to someone in need or they can deliver it to Second Harvest Food Bank. Youth Ministry is going to purchase 25 cans for Wesley House and Petro’s is going to match that amount — so we are donating 50 cans of chili!
Graduating Seniors: college scholarship applications are available! To apply, you need one Student Application and two Reference Forms. Please do not request references from Jenny, your Sunday school teachers, or your NightLife Leaders. The new due date is Wednesday, April 15. If you have any questions, please let Jenny know!
Each month, we choose a focus verse to intentionally commit to diving into God’s Word together. Our focus verse for March is Philippians 3:8.
Breakfast Sign Up
Each Sunday morning, parents provide breakfast for our youth during Sunday School. If every family were to sign up for one Sunday per semester, we would easily cover the whole year. Please click the link below for more details and to sign up!
Sunday Night Meals
Each Sunday night, volunteers provide us with a delicious dinner for our NightLife meal. If you would be interested in helping with this part of our ministry, please use the link below to sign-up!